Q.1. Which of the following statements are true and which are false? Give reasons for your answers.
- Only one line can pass through a single point.
- There are an infinite number of lines which pass through two distinct points.
- A terminated line can be produced indefinitely on both the sides.
- If two circles are equal, then their radii are equal.
- In the Fig., if AB = PQ and PQ = XY, then AB = XY.
- False. Infinitely many lines can pass through a point in different directions.
- False. Through two distinct points only one line can pass.
- True. A terminated line or line segment can be produced indefinitely on both sides to give a line.
- True. Two circles of equal area (i.e., equal circles) will have the same radius from the relation area = πr2.
- True. From the axiom that if two things are, separately, equal to a third thing, then, they are equal to each other.